Old June 10th 17, 07:37 PM posted to alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling
rbowman[_2_]

Default PASTY-FACED LIMEYS GET WHAT THEY DESERVE

On 06/10/2017 04:25 AM, Peter Keller wrote:
5 miles for me is nothing.

5 miles is a quick ride after work. If I ride to work or into town it's
20 or 30 miles RT. Still no big deal particularly if I'm just going to
work so the trip is split into two.

I must be unusual. I periodically pull aside to let faster traffic pass,
if necessary (not often).

I'm getting paranoid with old age. I seek out the bike paths, and there
are many here, or roads with wide shoulders. There's one ride I enjoy
but it is a curvy mountain road with no place to ride except right on
the fog line. I find I've been avoiding that one.

I don't see the point of mini-motorcycles when one can get such good
exercise and movement without the smells and noise and expense of the motor.

I've got three motorcycles that I also enjoy. It's a whole different
thing. Often I'll ride a motorcycle to work, get home, and go for a
bicycle ride.

Same with walking. I'll often ride the off road capable motorcycle to
the trail head, get off, and walk.