Old July 1st 19, 11:22 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

Default Angry driver on the wrong side of the road gets his comeuppance

On 01/07/2019 17:54, Simon Jester wrote:

On Monday, July 1, 2019 at 5:30:33 PM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
On 01/07/2019 17:19, Simon Jester wrote:
On Monday, July 1, 2019 at 2:18:19 PM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:

[ ... ]

I have no adverse prejudice towards cyclists. I am happy to
acknowledge that a significant minority of them more or less
comply with the law.

The above statement shows how prejudiced you are.
It's like saying.
'I have nothing against Black people, some of them are almost as
good as White people.'

It's actually exactly like saying that some cyclists are law
abiding and that others (as it happens, these days, a majority)
are not.
That's what it's like saying. It is nothing at all like saying
anything to do with being black.

Thank you for proving my point.

Before you start ranting I do consider the anti-cyclist bias
equivalent to racism.

You can be as wrong and as stupid as you like, I can't stop you.
Being black (or Jewish or any other inherent characteristic) is
not a chosen behaviour. Being a chav scofflaw cyclist *is* a
chosen and deliberate behaviour. Your statement about what you
consider (that's perhaps putting it a bit high) doesn't change
that.

Enlisting in a particular religion is not a choice?

I would not previously have believed that you are so stupid as to
think that being black - or being Jewish - is a voluntary choice.

How is being Jewish NOT a voluntary choice?
I was raised as a Christian then I grew up and stopped believing in
fairy tales.

You aren't helping yourself. Stop digging.

I'm backing Jester on this one; you tried to conflate "professing a
religion" with "having a skin colour." Quite distinct.

Being Jewish is not "professing a religion", though it's easy to see why
some people make that mistake. Nevertheless, I'm surprised that you
didn't know that.
Telling the SS at the railway station that you were no longer practising
Judaeism didn't save you. Being Jewish is hereditary via the female side
and applies even to a completely non-religious Jew. You can look it up
if you like.

So you are saying there exists a Jewish gene?

No.

So it is not hereditary, merely a mindset.

Why does there have to be a particularly-identified gene or set of genes
in order to be hereditary?

Is there an Invisible Pink Unicorn gene?

Only on your planet.

Earth or Terra you mean.

Forget the playground stuff. This isn't your old nursery alma mater.

What happens when a Jew converts to Islam? Does their brain explode or simply rewire itself?

You'd better see whether you can find such a person to ask them.
BTW: If you're interested, you could always do a bit of reading rather
than just shooting aimlessly from the hip.
A good place to start:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Who_is_a_Jew%3F

Read it.

Is that an imperative (as in "You should read it")?

I had read it before I cited it.

Or was it a claim that you have read it?

If you have, you obviously haven't understood it.

Doesn't change the fact that being Jewish is not hereditary if an adult chooses to no longer be Jewish. No physical exam no matter how thorough can tell whether or not a person is Jewish. DNA can pinpoint ancestry but not fairy tale beliefs.

You refuse to believe that there is such a thing as a non-religious Jew,
do you?