Old April 16th 07, 12:56 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Bean Long

Default Cyclist dies after hitting car door

On 2007-04-14, Martin (aka Bruce)
http://tinyurl.com/2ujdxk

My condolences to his family and friends.

Don't ride close to parked cars, even if you can't see anyone inside.
Some time ago I very nearly hit a car door that was swung open by
someone lying across the front seats - there was no head visible through
the car windows.

There is the remotest chance something positive could come from this.

The guy may have been riding along in a car door lane. The coroner
might just be useful enough to find that car door lanes are a really
stupid idea, and recommend for their immediate removal from all roads.

I won't hold my breath.

The circumstances are pretty sketchy. The report makes it sound as
though he ran into an open door like it had been open for some time...
Or was it opened on him by someone who wasn't looking?

--
Bean

"I've got a bike
You can ride it if you like