Old September 2nd 08, 09:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
landotter

Default So we were drooling over the 09 Kona catalog as I stopped by the LBSfor coffee

Some fun stuff, like the neato "Dew Drop":

http://www.konaworld.com/09_dewdrop_en.cfm

Should list for $700. Alu frame--nice and rigid. Tour on it, commute,
whatever. Fun stuff. The componentry qualifies as good enough to bang
around town or ride across the country. Don't know if I'd trust the
hubset to go all the way to Timbuktu.

But the one I like most is the Honky Tonk:

http://www.konaworld.com/09_honkytonk_en.cfm

$1K. Look ma, downtube shifters! Was designed for the Portland market--
funny, if I made a bike for Portland--I'd make it *aluminum*, duh. ;-)
Still, it's very handsome with the skinny tubes and it's pretty much
what 90% of what road bikes should look like on sales floors.

It's a really fun catalog this year, have a browse, much better color
palate than last year, which was too tropical. ;-)