Old October 19th 15, 12:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
John B.[_6_]

Default EICHE Top Sprinter. Trying to determine value, age and true origin

On Mon, 19 Oct 2015 03:41:48 +0200, "Jakob Krieger"
wrote:

- John B. / Mon, 19 Oct 2015 03:01:34 +0200

A lovely bike.

True.

How many speeds did it have and, if it is your bike, what do the two
decals on the seat tube say?

It is not mine,
but such bikes at this time had 5-gear shift.
Racers hat 10 (2 * 5). Sprocket-sets with 6 or more
and triple chain-blades were introduced by Shimano about 1980.

The thing mounted to the seat tube is strange. Never seen before.

jk

I was interested in the number of rear sprockets as the bike has a
chain guard and it seems to be the common opinion here that bicycles
with a number of sprockets on the rear CANNOT have a chain guard....
and there is a bicycle that has one :-)

I didn't mean the green bicycle lock chains and cable I was talking
about the two decals on the seat tube. the one at the top I can almost
read and the red one at the bottom I can't read at all. I suspect that
the top one might be a label for the steel tubes used, in which case
it is likely, at least for the time, a very well made frame.
--
cheers,

John B.