Old May 14th 05, 04:31 AM
Bill Sornson

I remember thinking, gee, going for a bike ride on fri the 13... but
of course that's just SILLY. And the weather has been so sh*tty
lately and it finally wasn't raining today and as usual, it's going to
rain this weekend.

So after the ride, with my friend, we're like two blocks from my
house, rambling along and then suddenly... BLAT! It was just one of
those totally flukey falls. I just looked down and thought my wheel
was a bit close to his back wheel, and I probably said, S***! and
maneuvred away.But he went in the same direction, left, and I thought
" I just don't want our wheels to get tangled and collide and fall on
each other!"

" Anyways, I fell on the fleshiest part of my butt cheek, which is now
covered with garden variety road rash, which will turn into a hug
bruise of course, and a big lump on my right shin. I was wearing
knickers and long sleeves because it was cool, so no skin loss. One
of my shifters is a bit crooked, no big deal.

I got through the hairiest intersections,missed all the big potholes-
I crash two blocks from home. Sigh... it was just so STOOPID! ! I
knew I shouldn't have gone for a ride on friday the 13. Or I should
have taken some lucky charm with me!

A "HUG BRUISE", Gracie? Naughty but nice typo... (Glad you weren't hurt
and the bike's OK.)

I got a massage today so no ride, but DID manage to blow up a brand-new
Michelin Race tube while finally installing a pair of Veloflex Paves on my
"good" wheels. Those suckers (the Paves) are TIGHT to get on.

Half expecting /another/ BOOM! some time around 3 AM, Bill S.