Old April 7th 20, 01:55 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default Road tires versus mtb tires

On 4/6/2020 6:17 PM, Andy wrote:
I use my mountain bike mostly on roads and am thinking of getting some road tires.

Will the tread last as long as mtb tires ?

Andy

Probably more but in my experience worn-through-tread is a
failure mostly found on children's CB bicycles. Your typical
adult bike tires more often fail from sidewall cuts or road
debris.

Outside of failure, many riders change to a new pair of
tires from fashion, width change (as you intend) or, on road
bikes, a flat-top tread that's become slower but not really
worn out.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/