Old June 4th 21, 08:49 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Lou Holtman[_5_]

Default New Tires

On Friday, June 4, 2021 at 12:05:19 AM UTC+2, Mark cleary wrote:
I have been using Conti GP 5000s regular tube required. I get huge mileage out of them say 5000-6000. I put a new set on today because they seem to be squared pretty good but I could still get a glimpse of the wear indicators. They were wore down to the end but not totally disappeared. I think I could have gotten more miles but the back tire had a small sidewall type mark but nothing drastic or popping out.

Well I road the new ones and I sure could tell my cornering and handling was better. Did I imagine this or should I have gotten more miles out of the other tires. I guess my feeling it they are what meet the road don't be cheap with it?
Deacon mark

Life is too short to ride crappy tires. IMO the GP5000 are the best allround tire at the moment. Continental seems to be doing something right for more than a decade now. My gravel bike was delivered with WTB Riddler tires. They are good on gravel but I noticed that they suck on tarmac. My feeling was confirmed by RR measurements I found on the web. I put Continental Terra Speed tires on and that was a significant and very noticeable difference.. That Black Chili compound as Continental call it is some magical stuff.

Lou