Old February 28th 06, 11:08 AM posted to aus.bicycle

Default bicycles on the Old Road

Peter Signorini wrote:
"Theo Bekkers" wrote:
Peter Signorini wrote:

I hurl volumes of silent abuse, and thank God I never took up
such a socially obnoxious pursuit as motorbiking.

Get my drift?

Yes Peter, I do. Do you really think all motorcyclists are socially
obnoxious?

No reflection on you personally Zebee, I'm sure you're a responsible rider,
but any who behave as I described certainly are socially obnoxoius. On the
Reefton Spur Rd on a typical Sunday that's an awful lot of them.

No more obnoxious than the Hell Ride riders who play at road racing on
Beach Rd!

There's dickheads in every group, no matter what they have as a common
factor, beit motorcycling, bike riding, driving landbarges ...

For what it's worth, I use a motorbike as my other transport (mainly
pushbike, the MB gets a run every week or so when necessary to cover
long distances faster than my pushy can go!). I don't endanger any
cyclists when I ride it, and your calling motorbiking socially
obnoxious is one I take offence to. I ride a motorbike because it's a
lot less damaging to the environment than a car, but it's my compromise
to practicality. It's *more* responsible (or less irresponsible!) than
a car.

All generalisations are wrong, remember?