Old November 12th 13, 03:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_2_]

Default "... I forgot to put batteries in my dynamo."

On Monday, November 11, 2013 9:12:30 PM UTC-5, Jay Beattie wrote:

Anyway, because of this: http://vimeo.com/25717583# We got this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5RdFFlFz9g

I mean you can at least fake following the law -- slow a little, act like you didn't see the sign . . . claim not to understand English. ...

Yes, at least put on a show. There are lots of times I do a sort of "mini-stop" or perhaps "close to a stop" for the theater effect. I may be still rolling, but I slow enough that my motion may not be obvious; then suddenly standing and pedaling off in a slightly high gear seems to look enough like respecting the spirit of the law. At least, I've never had anyone yell at me, including the time I purposely did it while being directly in front of a cop car.

But I agree with the people who say those should be yield signs. Having seen hundreds of roundabouts in France last year, I think any Frenchman at that location would say "Les Américains sont fous" or something like that.

- Frank Krygowski