Old November 12th 13, 07:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Dan O

Default "... I forgot to put batteries in my dynamo."

On Monday, November 11, 2013 4:16:34 PM UTC-8, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On Monday, November 11, 2013 6:52:45 PM UTC-5, Wes Groleau wrote:

How about some FREE educational material? Just yell, every time you
pass him, "When are you going to stop being an IDIOT and get a light?"

Even that's controversial, it seems. I know people who claim one should never say anything to another road user, and never honk one's horn when driving. :-/

For wrong-way riders, I usually say something like "You're on the wrong side of the road." I've gotten reactions ranging from "I'm sorry, I know I should be on the other side" to rude yells in return. One crazy guy turned around and rode after me, yelling about fighting me. No telling what chemicals were in his system.

But I continue to try.

On Sunday, November 10, 2013 10:10:39 PM UTC-5, Dan wrote:
I came upon a bicyclist with no lights coming at me head on one
dark morning. That was like "expletive deleted!" But we passed
each other okay without incident.

(The quotation marks means he actually got the audible.)