Old January 21st 20, 02:09 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

Default Yet another cyclist ploughs into a parked car.

On 20/01/2020 21:08, Mr Flounder Esquire wrote:
MrCheerful wrote:

In a statement, a spokesman for the force said: "We are appealing for
witnesses to a collision between a cyclist and a parked car on
Littondale near the junction with Cotterdale, Hull, on Wednesday,
January 15 at around 2pm.

"A 65-year-old male cyclist is believed to have been in collision with a
parked car (a black Mini) and sustained serious and life-threatening
injuries. He was admitted to hospital where he remains.

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news...h-mini-3756409

You're a bit vulnerable at 65 years old and riding a bike. I've had
two bypass surgeries, a hip replacement, new knees, fought prostate
cancer and diabetes. I'm half blind, can't hear anything quieter than
a jet engine, take 40 different medications that make me dizzy, out of
breath and subject to blackouts. I have bouts of dementia, poor
circulation and can hardly feel my hands and feet anymore. I can't
remember if I'm 85 or 92 and I've lost all my friends. But, thank
God, I still have my driver's licence.

So you lie on your licence renewals, well done, you must be proud.