Old August 14th 04, 03:23 PM
Gamarús

Default About Trek liquids

Hi all,

I would like to know the feedback of trek liquid 25/55 owners, and the
rest of people, of course .

I’m coming from a hardtail trek 6700 2003 and I would like to upgrade it.
6700 is perfect to climb up, but it’s obviously a little limited when you
go down . For my week exists around Barcelona (Catalonia, Europe)
through Collserola Park 6700 is fine. Tracks are good and you can go down
faster, jumping several times. Normally you have two climbs up of about 30
minutes each one, in a typically exist of about 30 km. There are also
tracks as in the Trondheim video posted some days ago in the group, but
then my first problem is pedals, not the bike (well...) At the weekends I
usually go to the Pyrenees, mountains up to 3,000 meters, with climbings
up to 4 hours (normally 2 hours), very steep sometimes, where 6700 is
perfect, but the problem is going down in terrain tracks with a lot of
rocks.

I’m looking for a comfortable frame, and trek it’s comfortable enough for
me. I need a full suspension bike for recreational, not competition (maybe
some one some day). Going down hard, jumping several times, and some
technical tracks. I’m thinking in trek Liquid 25 (2500 EUR) or 55 (3500
EUR); or Fuel 95 (3000 EUR).

Geometry in Liquids seems to be the same. Although I’ve not been found any
official numbers, I think 25 weights about 30 lbs (13.6 kg), and 55 27 lbs
(12.25 kg). Am I right?

In 25 there are some LX components (I would like to improve them), brakes
are different, and front fork is a Manitou Black Elite (25), and Manitou
Minute 2 (55).

Is it reasonable to pay 1000 EUR more for 3 lbs less, and these better
components for my use? Taking in account that it’s a lot of money for me.

Another thing that worries me is the behavior of rear shock in climbs.

Any comment would be welcome.

TIA,

--

Gamarús