Old August 17th 04, 12:30 AM
Gamarús

El Sat, 14 Aug 2004 19:51:23 GMT, SuperSlinky va
escriu

I don't think the 55 is worth all the extra money. LX works just fine.
Both bikes have SPV shocks in the rear which should make them very good
climbers, considering the type of bike they are. A Trek Fuel or other XC
bike would climb better, but won't be as good on the downhills. Giant,
Specialized, Kona and others sell bikes that compete head to head with
Trek. I would research all of them.

Yes, LX really works fine enough. I have LX at my Trek 6700 . But,
Liquid 25 has a mix of LX/XT components and other brands in brakes, and as
I'll upgrade to a better bike, I would like a complete XT. No worried
about, I think I'll be able to change in the shop.

The question is if the frameset is exactly the same in liquid 25 than in
Liquid 55. I think is the same material and the same geometry, but I don't
know if weights the same or not (any structural change). Anybody knows
about it? If the answer is Yes, then there is any complaint, the front
fork is the only difference important to me if I change into XT
components. If not, well...

On the other hand I tested some Kona. Geometry is agressive, and I'm
looking for a comfortable enough . Maybe is the age...

Last week, I tested a Specialized Epic in a rocky forest track, and worked
really fine compared to my hardtail. But, although geometry is also a
little agressive, I read in some magazine that the suspension system is
something between Hardtail and All-mountain, beeing in the last not good
as a typical all-mountain.

However, I'll test inside the shop, before purchasing a Trek, some Kona,
Cannondale, Gt, Specialized and some local brand (that are cheaper).

I also read, that 2005 Liquids would change slighty the rear suspension
system, improving perfomance and travel, and the higher bar would have
more sloop, having a more agressive look (I don't know is overall geometry
will change). A true redesign of the Liquid's series. In Fuel series also
would increase travel's suspension into 100 mm.

Regards,

--

Gamarús