Old February 23rd 05, 01:46 PM
Paul Rose

"Michael Murray" wrote in message
om...
"Paul Rose" wrote in message

"R.D" wrote in message
Hi
I have stored my two in the freezer (all parts) over the last year.

Have
had
no problems at all. This method sure beats all that drying out of the
system.

RD

Thanks for your reply. That settles it then. The whole lot is going in

the
freezer! As for the drying out, I still done that before packing it all

into
a poly bag prior to popping it into the freezer. Never thought about not
actually bothering to dry it out.

Indeed a Cunning Plan, and one I had not heard of.

I hang mine in the airing cupboard, with a kitchen roll insert stuck
in the reservoir, and the cap off...

Unfortunately, I can't use your plan as I have a small freezer, and a
wife.

Yes, it is a good idea. The guy in my LBS told me about it when I bought my
Camalbak. Storing it in the airing cupboard might be providing the ideal
conditions for breeding nasties i.e. nice and warm and possibly moist if you
are putting damp clothes in there to dry? Mind you, I suppose if you wash it
again before use there shouldn't be a problem. Just a thought.

--
Regards, Paul (R)
My Lake District walking site: