Old May 15th 05, 07:24 AM
John David Galt

Scott en Aztlán wrote:
Riding a bicycle on the sidewalk is against California law. There are
no exceptions for "safety reasons."

So what? I'd break that law if I felt safety required it. But that
should rarely be true for adults, unless the only available route has
a narrow right lane, no shoulder, and a high average speed. That's
the kind of road a bike rider should simply not be on.

I agree with you that you had right of way, but the rider did stop
and you should have let him by. Blocking the entire width of ANY
path or road is wrong unless it's because people are waiting in line
or it's your private property.