Old November 5th 08, 07:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Woland99

Default my ride today

On Nov 4, 6:31 pm, Mark Cleary wrote:
I did lub the chain
today for the first time and I noticed a difference.

I clean and oil the chain every 3-4 rides. Maybe that is
overkill but alternative (stretched chain and prematurely
worn cassette is worth it). Plus I just like fiddling around
my bike - and the whole process of putting oil in it is a
bit like religious ceremony - it splits the time between
non-bike time and on-bike time - it is a preparation and
anticipation ;-) Just allows you to focus better when you
are riding. That is why I like doing it.