Old November 5th 08, 08:08 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default my ride today

SJM wrote:

Sore butt was biggest limiting factor for me - once I replaced
stock saddle with Brooks B17 that problem disappeared. I ride
steel touring bike so green with copper rails B17 looks very much
in sync with rest of the bike.

I had a B17 turn green but it was mostly due to being stored in a
damp area.

The rivets on my Brooks saddles turned green in use from sweat. I
didn't sit back far enough to rub them shiny, but then the leather
cracked on the edge of the steel yoke and I retired Brooks forever.

I have a collection of metal Brooks labels from many early attempts at
finding a durable one.

Jobst Brandt