Old September 5th 03, 07:35 PM
John David Powers

Default my paddles are stuck and I can't unscrew them off so I can put newpaddles on.

wanglu wrote:

I tried it with a crescent wrench and I nearly rounded off the
head of the bolt and couldn't get the paddle to budge one bit.

First thing you should do is get a pedal wrench or an open ended wrench
that fits snugly on the flat spots of the pedal bolt thingy. Using a
crescent wrench on a tight bolt is a good way to round it off and it
usually doesn't fit between the pedal cage and crank arm very well.
Spray some penetrating oil on both sides of the crank and let it sit for
a few hours. Double check that you are turning the right direction.
Sometimes I'll use the crank arm for leverage on a tight bolt. I
position the wrench so that it's just a few degrees in front of the
crank arm and use both hands to squeeze the two together.