Old July 16th 09, 12:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jay[_2_]

Default need new rear rack for my Electra Amsterdam

My OEM rear rack has broken, on the weld which joins the horizontal
piece to one of the vertical supports. I don't want to buy an exact
replacement, and then go through the process again every 15 months. I
only carry my relatively small and light Ortlieb Bike Box on the rear
rack, so IMO it was not overloaded.

I am looking for a very strong, well designed, black rear rack. I am
going to have my LBS order and install the rack. So if something is
not right, it is their headache. I just need to point my LBS in the
right direction. I do want to continue to use my Bike Box on the new
rack, for convenient commuting.

Any suggestions?

http://www.neiu.edu/~jbollyn/bike/el...tpost-left.jpg

http://www.neiu.edu/~jbollyn/bike/el...yal8-08-08.jpg