Old July 16th 09, 02:41 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jay[_2_]

Default need new rear rack for my Electra Amsterdam

On Jul 15, 7:58*pm, Jay wrote:
On Jul 15, 7:39*pm, Andre Jute wrote:

On Jul 16, 12:10*am, Jay wrote:

Get the best, buy a Tubus. Since all you put on it is the Ortlieb Bike
Box, get a Tubus Fly, which is a minimal lightweight rack. It is made
of steel but then that's part of the Tubus policy; their rack lasts
and last. The Fly is a available in black.

Tubus also makes ali racks under another name, Racktime. I have one
and it is good but I don't think any of the ali racks are actually
lighter than the chro-mo Fly (instead they offer extra rails for
tourers that you aren't interested in), so you may as well get the
Fly.

You need to check that your Bike Box will fit but, Tubus and Ortlieb
both being German companies, it is extremely like that it will.

HTH.

Andre Jute
*Check out Andre's recipes at
*http://www.audio-talk.co.uk/fiultra/FOOD.ht-Hide quoted text -

Yes, Andre,

Tubus was indeed my first choice. I don't mind spending the $ for
quality. If my LBS agrees, the Tubus Fly is what I will order.

http://www.tubus.com/index/lang/en/r...rs/artikel/Fly...

I don't care about weight, but I would like black if possible. I
expect to place this order Thursday PM with my LBS, because with only
one of the vertical supports functional, this is a significant problem
for my daily bike commute.

Thanks - J.- Hide quoted text -

Would this tail light be a good choice with this rack?

Busch & Muller 4D Toplight Permanent Battery Taillight

http://www.thetouringstore.com/BUSCH...LER%20HOME.htm

J.