Old July 16th 09, 03:47 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

Default need new rear rack for my Electra Amsterdam

On Jul 16, 2:41*am, Jay wrote:
On Jul 15, 7:58*pm, Jay wrote:

On Jul 15, 7:39*pm, Andre Jute wrote:

http://www.tubus.com/index/lang/en/r...rs/artikel/Fly...

Would this tail light be a good choice with this rack?

Busch & Muller 4D Toplight Permanent Battery Taillight

http://www.thetouringstore.com/BUSCH...%20MULLER%20HO...

J.

Sure. Those BUMM LED back lights with the extra bright LEDs are all
good. I have a D'Toplight on my current bike, the rather ugly
overstyled XS version, which I like because the standlight shines as
brightly as the lamp when it is going, and for several minutes. Lou
and Bernhard have the D'Toplight Flat versions (which look better than
mine). The one you want to order, besides being a battery light,
differs by having side-throwing LEDs added to the central LED. There's
one in that line that switches itself on and off (senso) but a major
commuter like you is hardly likely to forget to switch his lights. For
me the downside of the BUMM rear lights is that they don't flash
(German lights are streng verboten by law to flash, so German
manufacturers like BUMM stick to steady lights), so those of us who
believe in flashing lights have to add a flashing light; ask if you
want the names of good flashing lights. You can find the details of
the various models in the BUMM catalogue: on each page scroll to the
table at the bottom for a comparison of features. http://bumm.de/index-e.html

Andre Jute
Visit Jute on Bicycles at
http://www.audio-talk.co.uk/fiultra/...20CYCLING.html