Old August 21st 03, 07:08 PM
Pat

Default Crank Bros. Eggbeater pedals

x-no-archive:yes

Are the Crank Bros. Eggbeater pedals really worth the $100+? I'm not a
weight geek, but I need to invest in new pedals anyway. Are they worth
it or should I just go with something cheaper?

I'd also like to know how well they work, how the feel.

I'd like to get them. They would be worth it to me, for
the same reason a lot of things are worth it: they'd
make me want to ride more. They just look so cool! Every
time I see the bike with them, I'd want to jump on.

If you go for that sort of thing, then they'd probably
be worth it to you.

Weight geeks might be interested in the m2 racer, but
I hear they have some quality control issues.

--
Rick Onanian

Do a search for last year's model and you can get them around $52. I read
that the problem was the seals were letting in water on really muddy rides,
so Crank Bros. re-engineered the seals. However, I don't ride in the mud,
so I saw a chance to try them out and jumped on it! I like 'em. There is a
small learning curve to using them, but I like them better than my Shimano
515 pedals.

Pat in TX