Old June 4th 17, 03:13 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

Default Littering cyclists are their own worst enemy

On 04/06/2017 00:08, TMS320 wrote:

On 03/06/17 14:46, JNugent wrote:
On 03/06/2017 11:34, TMS320 wrote:
On 02/06/17 02:15, JNugent wrote:
On 29/05/2017 18:01, wrote:
On Monday, May 29, 2017 at 4:29:54 PM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
On 29/05/2017 02:24,
wrote:

[ ... ]

You are talking about organised events open to the public where
litter is inevitable. I was talking about everyday travel.

I was doing no such thing. I was talking about litter cast into the
public envirom=nment by cyclists.
That is not "inevitable"; it is an anti-social choice made by the
cyclists concerned.

Stop singling out "cyclists".

Have look up at the top of the screen.
What does it say?
Ah, yes... "uk.rec.cycling".

You love precision (except in connection with vehicle tax) The word is
cycling, not cyclists.

Who does all that cycling, then?

Littering is done by anti-social people however they happen to
transport themselves.

And here, we are discussing anti-social cyclists, not people in general.

If you wish to discuss other anti-social people, find a more
appropriate NG for it. This isn't it.

My response is to you.

....and on the wrong topic.

If you're determined to complain, please give evidence that rubbish
from people riding bicycles creates a problem proportionally greater
than average. If you can't then shut up.

You don't get the concept of appropriateness, do you?
Or that of civilised discourse.

If it happened to be (a suggestion only, I have no evidence either
way) that the proportion from people riding bicycles is less than
average, would you stop whingeing? Or do you just blindly insist that
in an imperfect world "cyclists" must always be perfect?

What has the concept of the average amount of litter - or
proportion(s) of it - got to do with anything?

Should bicycle users be perfect in an imperfect world? Stop evading.

Cyclists should not shed litter in public spaces and particularly not in
places of natural beauty.

If only perfect people are able to refrain from such anti-social
behaviour, I thank you for the compliment but fear that I am far from
perfect in other ways, even though I certainly never dump litter. And if
I can avoid it, so can anyone.

Did you see the pictures, BTW? And the articles in cycling magazines
about littering by cyclists?

Or do you just prefer to pretend it doesn't happen?