Old December 15th 10, 08:53 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

Default Alexi Grewal: worst teammate ever

On Dec 14, 7:22*am, Fred wrote:
On Dec 14, 1:53*am, Ryan Cousineau wrote:

On Dec 12, 6:33*pm, Fred wrote:

First ever bike race I ever saw (not counting the TdF on tv), I
watched AG soft-pedaling up a climb after he'd come unglued from a
breakaway group. *It was a stage race, and I had no idea about or
appreciation of why he'd just sit up like he did. *In retrospect, I
know exactly why he eased up, but at the time I didn't understand.

Anyway, not knowing any better, I tried to encourage him up the
climb. *He could've just graciously accepted my cheers, but no, he has
to say something truly smart-ass. *All I could think at the time was
what an ass he was.

Fred

And you can't remember what he said?! WORST! STORY! EVER!!1!

Just 'cause I didn't tell you what he said doesn't mean I don't
remember what he said...

anyway, what he said wasn't the point, and you know that.

Fred

I need closure on this anecdote.