Old December 1st 08, 02:59 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Daniel Barlow

Default Police pick on cyclist

David Hansen writes:

If the report is true then the cyclist had working lights on his
bike, though they may have been dim.

There is presumably some threshold of dimness below which a light
becomes illegal. Or perhaps there isn't - lighting regulations for
bikes have historically been a bit daft (c.f. illegal LEDs until a few
years ago) and it would not surprise me too much to learn that it's
technically ok to cycle around with dead light batteries.

If I shone my front light into the face of a police officer who'd
stopped me then I'd probably get done for assaulting a police officer

-dan