Old March 13th 06, 05:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default nashbar 9 speed cassette spacing

wrote:
FWIW, I also had this problem with two separate Nashbar cassettes; I
found them unusable, as the 12 cog extended past the axel locknut.

I just talked to the tech dept at nashbar. they say that this is normal
and it should work fine. The cassette fits my hub ok. I am still
hesitant to install it. Does anyone else have a comment? I'll give it a
try and see how it shifts. I am thinking that this being the last
sproket, it might work going down. going up I'll have to shift twice
and skip the 13 and then go down again? I could also grind the extra
spacing or use a 12 teeth sproket from another cassette.

Andres