Old August 13th 18, 11:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
news18

Default Flat repair

On 14/08/18 04:15, wrote:
Can you people explain to me why you would buy innertubes, flat repair kits and various methods of inflating flatted tires when you don't have to flat a tire and only need to inflate it if you happen to get a large enough hole in it release sufficient air to soften the tire before it seals again?

1. Lock-in. For the ignorant, and you have to be ignorant not to have
noticed how manufacturers try to lock customers into their product by
making it incompatible with products from other manufacturers. Heck,
they even make their new products incompatible with their own products.

2. Performance. I always laugh at claims of superior performance when
they relie on results from very narrow test conditions.

3. Reliability; tubeless setup fails once. Tube and tyre need to fail
twice to have you walking.