Old August 12th 20, 02:45 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Steve Weeks

Default Clipless pedals no more efficient than flat?

On Monday, August 10, 2020 at 9:37:43 PM UTC-5, John B. wrote:

For my own use I like clips as they tend to keep my feet on the pedals
:-)

One thing that hasn't been mentioned is that clipless pedals allow the rider to unclip one leg to momentarily rest, say, a sore Achilles tendon. The remaining leg can keep the bike going with both up and down strokes. Not for long, in my experience, but it can be useful.