Old August 7th 05, 06:16 AM
Michael Warner

On Sat, 6 Aug 2005 17:26:01 +0000 (UTC), wrote:

A couple of times lately I have seen something that looks very much
like a miniature Harley-Davidson motorcycle tooling around the streets.
Get a little closer, and they prove to be bicycles, with raised
handlebars, chopped forks, and massive tires that look like you'd have to
buy replacements from a motorcycle shop.
It looks to me like these things must be horribly slow and inefficient,
but I think it would be interesting to hear from anyone who has actually
ridden one. Do they have any advantages, other than being "kewl?"

These are the extreme form of the very low-slung bikes that seem to be
trendy among early teens at the moment. Sometimes I feel like giving
them a lecture about what they're doing to their knees, but what's the
point? They probably smoke, too. I vaguely remember being indestructible
at that age :-)

--
Home page:
http://members.westnet.com.au/mvw