Old April 16th 09, 10:42 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Dave Larrington

Default You'd never buy a bike and ride it in traffic

In ,
thaksin tweaked the Babbage-Engine to tell us:
ComandanteBanana wrote:
(I answer at bottom)

Originally Posted by SunSwingsLow

"Im driving a Fit right now and its WAY different than a prius and
way more practical as far useable space in the hatchback than a
prius or a yaris.

If you wanna compare something to the Prius the Insight would be the
proper comparison..of course the Insight is 3-4k less.

ps. Im getting 36mpg in the city with the Fit and 43 on on the
highway."

***

The new Fit looks pretty aggressive, unlike the Toyota that looks
cute.

Anyway, I'm so happy to see microcars in America, that I'd feel
tempted to try my luck with a bike once they the are predominant.

They are still dangerous to a bike but maybe we can both squeeze in
one lane.

****, that's _awful_. I get 40 round town in the wife's TDCi Galaxy,
and today I averaged 55mpg in it between Hull and Coventry
(admittedly with the cruise set at 65mph).

Though don't forget that those Leftpondians don't have proper gallons (or,
perhaps more importantly, pints). 43 mpUS is about 52 mpBRITONS'g. The
Honda Fit is the Jazz over here, and is not available with a diesel, so 52
mpg isn't too bad.

--
Dave Larrington
http://www.legslarry.beerdrinkers.co.uk