Old December 1st 10, 11:50 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Tēm ShermĒn™ °_°[_2_]

Default Small Wheels are Good!

On 12/1/2010 3:53 PM, Forrest Hodge wrote:
[...]
Because public transportation is everywhere, right. Where I live there
are no buses, no subways, no bike lanes. It would suicidal and
inefficient time-wise to bike to work. So consequently I drive
everywhere, and I might as well enjoy myself when I do it. If you really
want to get into semantics, it could be considered decedent and
unnecessary to ride a bike with 20 in or larger wheels or more than one
gear, because everyone should be able to peddle a fixed gear bike up a
steep hill and if you can't you're a "****head".

It is "pedal", not "peddle".

Small wheel are fine for long distances - I have done 125 mile rides in
less than 7 hours on bikes with ISO 305-mm and ISO 406-mm wheels.

--
Tēm ShermĒn - 42.435731,-83.985007
I am a vehicular cyclist.