Old December 2nd 10, 03:29 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Forrest Hodge

Default Republicans and other *******s are trying to slow you down

On 12/1/2010 5:03 PM, His Highness the TibetanMonkey, not your average
backyard philosopher wrote:
On Dec 1, 4:53 pm, Forrest wrote:
On 12/1/2010 7:28 AM, Opus wrote:

On Nov 30, 8:02 pm, Forrest wrote:
snip
My 400 HP sport/muscle car isn't envious of a folding bicycle.

Well, some day I invite to a Triathlon where one of the events is to
take the vehicle in the subway.

No subways where I live, and even there were, I don't care for public
transportation. I prefer not being at the mercy of bus/subway schedule.

Good, and we're spending a trillion dollars to make sure that the oil
necessary for ****heads like you remains available.

****heads like me? Care to elaborate or is your argument simply limited
to name calling?

People that drive vehicles with a decimal order of magnitude more
power than they need to move their butts with fossil fuels, because
they haven't learned to use public transportation and refuse to ride a
bicycle to move their butts using their butts. Is that elaborate
enough for you?

And just to be precise, the war in Iraq cost a billion dollars a DAY
for 6 years, do the math. That doesn't even begin to tackle the cost
of the war in Afghanistan, and both of those wars were "off-budget"
items during the Bush administration, roughly $3 trillion added to the
deficit that wasn't even counted until 2008.

Because public transportation is everywhere, right. Where I live there
are no buses, no subways, no bike lanes. It would suicidal and
inefficient time-wise to bike to work. So consequently I drive
everywhere, and I might as well enjoy myself when I do it. If you really
want to get into semantics, it could be considered decedent and
unnecessary to ride a bike with 20 in or larger wheels or more than one
gear, because everyone should be able to peddle a fixed gear bike up a
steep hill and if you can't you're a "****head".

Hey, there are no sidewalks either in most suburbs made for the SUV
so... what do we do, drive an SUV?

Now one question, HOW CAN YOU ENJOY DRIVING A SPORTS CAR IN AMERICA?
So many vigilantes blocking the road and so much predation in speeding
tickets that you feel like driving is for dummies.

I drive a car for dummies, some older Lexus....

(But Opus is right in pointing that out: the bicycle is the best
choice whenever possible)

If you live in suburbs and choose to ride a bike, that's your decision.
You can move to the city and live in a more bike friendly place. There
are trade offs to living an any given area.

How can I drive driving a sports car? Easy, back country roads and a
police force that concerns itself more with keeping violent offenders
off the streets more so that it does with the occasional hooning.