Old September 5th 08, 08:25 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Peter Clinch

Default BikeE?

Chalo wrote:

It is reliable in that you know with absolute certainty that you are
completely hosed if your hands leave the grips for a fraction of a
second.

That's true of many bicycle designs with no or very limited trail, which
includes a lot of recumbents.

"Doctor! Doctor! It hurts when I do this!"
"Then don't do that."

I have built and ridden enough choppers and other improvised vehicles
to make a distinction between a bike that _can_ be ridden and a bike
that rides well.

Differrent people have different ideas of rides well. The Brompton has
minimal trail and many riders complain it is twitchy. I like it because
I find the steering responsive. One man's meat, etc. That /you/ don't
personally like it doesn't make it an objectively bad machine.

Of my three recumbents, the BikeE has the best low-speed tight
handling characteristics.

That pretty much sums it up, doesn't it? "Of my three genital
piercings, the Prince Albert is the most comfortable and
convenient."

Well, no, not really. "Best low speed tight handling" could well mean
"star of the show in dense urban traffic".

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK