Old May 2nd 04, 09:58 AM
Just zis Guy, you know?

Default Highway Code Changes

On 2 May 2004 01:07:26 -0700, (Howard)
wrote in message :

Is the 'Code up for revision again? I haven't seen any consultation
papers on this. If so where are they and has the deadline for comments
passed yet? Last time around the CTC put in plenty of recommendations
but I haven't heard anything from them either.

Not as far as I'm aware, but that's not going to stop me from writing
to them :-)

Unfortunately it often seems that the 'Code is only quoted when this
allows the blame for any injury to be pushed onto the cyclist ("they
were not wearing a helmet" being a favourite).

Correct. Dr Bob wants that clause out :-)

Also the ABD want a clause to the effect that you must not delay
faster moving traffic, which is clearly intended to help them bully
people out of the way when ignoring the sections on speeding.

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk