Old May 29th 04, 08:15 AM

Default Ganglian Cyst: A Result of Cycling?

On Fri, 28 May 2004 23:39:39 -0700, Richard Brockie

Dear Richard,

So much for the vaunted angled brackets! I was grossly
deceived about their power to contain even the longest url.
(Or the editor that I used added a hyphen and broke the
line.)

Thanks for smacking the swollen address flat with tinyurl.

Dear Carl,

I had never heard of angled brackets serving that function. I must
admit that I was stumped by the hyphen for a moment.

By the way, you have me thinking about getting my own Fury roadmaster
to play on - do they come big enough for someone 6'4"?

Dear Richard,

Arrgh! Replied to the wrong post, but you still found me.
Bad day.

I hadn't heard of the angled bracket trick, either, but
here's where I saw it:

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=egotc.2931%24Ic3.583%40fe13.usenetserv er.com&output=gplain

or

http://tinyurl.com/yrarz

A different editor may let this long address survive.
Probably I just goofed something up, since Dave Ornee is
usually reliable.

As for the Fury RoadMaster, I suspect that it's only
available from WalMart and therefore beyond your grasp in
the UK. Here's the ad:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?cat=61903&dept=4171&product_id=2073252 &path=0%3A4171%3A61903%3A61904%3A4180%3A4183%3A530 4#long_descr

or

http://tinyurl.com/2zy5p

I'm just a touch over six feet and around 195 pounds, but
luckily had a long seatpost of the right size lying around
from God knows what. Riders your height probably need custom
bikes anyway.

The Fury RoadMaster, as you can see in the specifications,
is intended for riders aged 10 to 17 (or 14 to adult,
depending on where you read) and the price has now risen
from $53.71 to $58.88, presumably due to demand for reliable
transportation caused by the rising gasoline prices being
discussed hopefully in other threads.

The forty-pound shipping weight (mostly cardboard, or so my
Fury assures me) would make export expensive.

Possibly there's a similar bike in a similar UK store?

Carl Fogel