Old August 10th 05, 07:19 PM
MartinM

Default Doping was Go Simon Go!! - The result

JohnB wrote:
Clive George wrote:

At what level do the drug rules come into effect?

As soon as you enter an event where the organising body has rules
relating to drugs.

Googling a bit about Tom Simpson has revealed a fairly heavy conspiracy
of silence about doping, and a lot of unpleasant mud slinging by people
who should know better. Personally I think doping in cycling needs to
be kicked firmly out into the open and the gutter.

Someone once justified doping to me on the basis that if I wasn't
feeling too good but had to go to work I would take something, so
professional cyclists were Ok to do it as their livelihood depended on
it; fortunately a minority view.