Old September 29th 10, 06:15 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Paul - xxx[_2_]

Default My prayers for red-light cameras have been answered!

In , dgk
said:
On Wed, 29 Sep 2010 11:06:54 +0100, "Paul - xxx"
wrote:

In , Simon Lewis
said:
"Paul - xxx" writes:

dgk wrote:

Red light cameras are causing lots of rear-end collisions as
drivers break sharply to avoid tickets.

In all my years and miles of driving and cycling I've never seen a
rear-end collision as a result of someone braking for a red light
or for a red light camera.

Then you haven't been driving for many years. It happens all the
time.

I've been driving legally for about 33 years, cycling for about 46.

Its what happens when people drive too fast, suddenly brake and the
other person behind, as happens all too often, isnt the regulatory
distance back.

Nope, never seen a rear-ender due to someone braking for a red
light, or a camera. I've seen rear enders in traffic and on
motorways and under other circumstances ...

I'm glad for you. I haven't seen it either. But that is what we call
anecdotal evidence. The statistics are he

Did I say any different?

http://thenewspaper.com/news/18/1844.asp

I haven't seen anyone get struck by lightning but I understand that it
does happen.

Now I _have_ seen someone struck by lightning ..

--
Paul - xxx

mobile ...