Old January 23rd 09, 10:28 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
bugbear

Default Cyclist hits granny in pavement crash in Brighton

Martin wrote:

The cyclist concerned is a twunt, but from the comments, he was using a
"shared use facility", not a pavement which many in local government
seem to promote. The government should get its act together and tell
cyclists to use the road, not these stupid facilities that endanger
pedestrians and cyclists.

I think it really a pavement.

Careful googling reveals this, from 11th Sep 2007:

(ref
http://www.bricycles.org.uk/index.ph...nload&gid= 94
)

Brighton & Hove City Cycling Forum
..
..
PB – Marine Parade. The road surface on Marine Parade is very poor and the a cycle track should
be provided on the wide southern pavement.

I infer that there is presently no cycle facility in Marine Parade,
although I admit the evidence is not conclusive.

BugBear