Old January 31st 09, 03:51 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Eric[_4_]

Default Guides, maps, GPS tips for cycling in Lowestoft area?

Hello Andrew, LeeG, the Haywards and everyone else,

Thanks for your suggestions. More suggestions are still welcome.

OpenStreetMap seems like a great initiative. Unfortunately,
it seems like Lowestoft isn't yet covered very well, or I must
be doing something wrong. Bikely has some nice routes,
but to be honest, I'm afraid I need more detailed route descriptions.

From the suggestions I had till now, it looks like a GPS
is going to suit me best. Perhaps I'll buy one and scan
my OS Landranger map(s), and use some special software
to enter waypoints and tracks and load that in the GPS.

But again, other suggestions are welcome :-)
For instance, I'd be interested in hearing experiences with
maps and (books with?) route descriptions for the Lowestoft area.

On Jan 29, 9:12 pm, Eric wrote:
What guides/books and/or maps can you recommend for the
Lowestoft area? I won't be making long distance tours,
probably max. 50 km roundtrips.I might even buy a GPS
(with voice instructions?) to make it even easier.
Any tips on hardware/software/GPS maps for this area?

Best regards,

Eric