Old February 21st 19, 06:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

Default Conbtinental has come out with a GP5000S and a GP5000TL

On 2019-02-20 10:21,
wrote:

[...]

Or we can go with Frank's previous claim that the graphene layer
in my Vittoria tires doesn't protect anything because a layer
only 8 molecules thick couldn't possibly protect anything.

http://www.ukm.my/jsm/pdf_files/SM-P...in%20Chong.pdf

This was a test in medical gloves that have to have several times
the stretch of tires and yet even the very small pieces of
graphene yielded an 11% increase in puncture resistance.

The Vittoria tires have overlapping sheets of the material making
it very puncture resistant. Now these most certainly aren't in
the realm of Joerg's "cheap tires" but they are made in
Thailand.

Including shipping I paid $12/ea for the Vittoria Zafiros. That
qualifies as low cost in my book. Jay wrote they don't last but I
get well north of 1500mi out of them and I am not babying my road
bike. It rolls over some nasty stuff. So if there was another sale
and I needed to restock on tires I'd buy those again.

-- Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

When I tried the Zafiros I started getting flats within 500 miles.
That's why I was very hesitant to try the higher priced Vittorias.
But the G+ tires seem really great so far.

This is one of the reasons why I use tire liners. No flats ever with the
Zafiros and I wear them down to bare minimums. Or past that. They have
no TWI so one never really knows when they are finished. When you never
get flats you can't feel the remaining thickness because the tire never
comes off until it's worn.