Old May 27th 04, 02:24 PM
Mark Hickey

Default Why they hate us, was ( funny things to do on a bike)

"G.T." wrote:

"Mark Hickey" wrote

You should come on out to Arizona to find out how much we all like
liberal northeast environmentalists out here, and what their
"environMENTAL" actions have done to HUGE areas of the forest (now
resembling the surface of the moon). With a few forest roads, some
intelligent thinning of trees we wouldn't lose entire ecosystems every
summer.

I don't know what environMENTALists are but environmentalists would have let
the fires burn long before the forests got to be tinderboxes and let nature
run it's course.

That would have probably been the best approach - but it's too late
now unless we want to just burn it all to the ground (literally) and
wait a couple centuries for it to come back to its natural state.

I don't have *quite* that much patience... ;-)

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Home of the $695 ti frame