Old May 6th 07, 07:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ryan Cousineau

Default A history of Shimano electric shifting (Auto-D, Coasting, etc.)

In article ,
M-gineering wrote:

Ryan Cousineau wrote:
Here's a little exchange from another thread between Oz and myself:

[quote]
RjC:
Well, first it should be pointed out they've been selling this
drivetrain (Shimano Auto-D) in Europe and Asia for some time.

Oz:
When did they begin selling this scheme in those markets?

RjC:
I'm not sure about exact dates, but I think if I dig around I have a
catalog from a few years ago that shows Auto-D as a product.
[end quote]

the 4-speed auto-D has been available from 2000. You can shift in manual
mode

There we go. But how about that 8x3 electroderailer with active
suspension group?