Old August 2nd 19, 02:23 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default Off Topic

On 8/1/2019 7:29 PM, John B. wrote:
I know this is off topic but I don't find the answer anywhere else.

Today's news has Pres. Trump accusing the Chinese of continuing to
sell fentanyl to the United States -- "and many Americans continue to
die!"

But my research shows that fentanyl is a medical drug for the
alleviation of severe pain and as such I would assume to be a
controlled substance. How than, "many Americans continue to die!" ?
--
cheers,

John B.

Like the situation the past few years in Philippines[1],
where legal pharmaceutical stimulants were suddenly and
voluminously exceeded by imported methamphetamine from the
Norks, Red China and a new domestic industry, the bulk of
USA street Fentanyl is not rerouted anaesthetic
pharmaceuticals but rather imports from China and China
routed through Mexico.

This is not news:
https://www.news-herald.com/news/ohi...57599081b.html

Since the transfer cost of contraband is relatively fixed by
mass, imports tend to extremely powerful versions and
analogs, notably veterinary Carfentanyl

http://www.ottawapublichealth.ca/en/...rfentanil.aspx

[1] As with Mr Trump, Mr Duterte has reacted to a real
problem, You may disagree with either man's policy or style
or rhetoric, but the problems are indeed real. Facts are
stubborn things...

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/