Old June 3rd 08, 07:18 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Mike Jacoubowsky

Default Looking for a route from The American River Parkway to Davis

"Robert Chung" wrote in message
| On Jun 2, 2:10 pm, SMS wrote:
|
| Yolo Bypass causeway bike lane.
|
| I saw that bike lane from the Coast Starlight train last week. I guess
| that's the best route, but it sure looked unpleasant to be riding right
| next to I-80.
|
| No worse than riding across the Dumbarton, or new Bay Bridge path, or
| any path they may put on the Richmond-San Rafael Bridge.

Except that it's probably a bit longer than the Dumbarton Bridge, and even
more monotonous because it's dead-flat. There used to be alternative routes
you could take down below (when the causeway isn't flooded) but a friend
told me they cut off access many years ago because it was anthrax-central
down there. I have no idea if that is, or was, actually true.

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com