Old March 17th 17, 05:25 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

Default More About Lights

On Thu, 16 Mar 2017 20:37:22 -0500, AMuzi wrote:

even more deleted

Or to use a bit more recent theory, "It is the bank's fault that I am
in debt since if they hadn't loaned me the money I couldn't have spent
it" :-)

That's just crazy talk. Removing impediments like that from
American industry would make comparable goods cost the same
to make here as in Thailand! No one who gets to decide wants
any part of that.

I recently read an statement by one of the Thai ministers that the
very recent increase in the U.S. prime rate, which effectively causes
the value of the U.S. dollar to increase relative to other currencies,
will benefit Thailand as they expect that trade with the U.S. will
increase due to the effective decrease in the cost (in dollars) of
Thai goods.

And, of course, an increase in interest rates also increases the cost
of doing business which in turn increases the cost of U.S. made goods,
which makes the spread between U.S. and foreign goods even greater..
--
Cheers,

John B.