Old March 19th 17, 11:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

Default More About Lights

On Sun, 19 Mar 2017 10:29:45 -0700, Jeff Liebermann
wrote:

Somewhere in my mess is a Windoze program that takes this data and
provide both graphical and tabular accuracy statistics. I used to use
it when we had to deal with selective availability. It's kinda neat.
You park yourself in a highly reflective location (bottom of a rock
canyon) and record about 30 mins of position data. Position
excursions on the display are obvious. I use it for averaging
readings over a long period in order to obtain better accuracy.

Foundit.

Visual GPS:
http://www.visualgps.net/#visualgps-content
It's free and old but works nicely.

Visual GPS XP works somewhat better, but costs $10:
http://www.visualgps.net/#visualgpsxp-content

New, improved, and free is Visual GPS View:
http://www.visualgps.net/#visualgpsview-content

All these will graphically show any radical excursions in position.

I have several battery powered, BlueGoof GPS receivers. They're quite
convenient for testing with VisualGPS. However, I prefer to use an
RS232 data logger, which works on any GPS. After collecting data for
maybe 30 minutes, I dump the output into the Visual GPS program and
inspect the resulting mess.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D