Old June 17th 17, 07:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Weight saving technology

On Saturday, June 17, 2017 at 10:30:23 AM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski wrote:
https://theoverheardpress.com/2017/0...10-oz-lighter/

I have reduced my Basso Loto to 22.44 lbs and was looking for ways to make it lighter.

The Miche cassette was certainly an object since a Chorus or a Record would be both a couple of ounces lighter. The difference between the KMC chain and the lightest one on the market is about $40 difference in price and less than an ounce. I have to change the rear derailleur since it just BARELY handles the 29 tooth cog so a Chorus medium cage derailleur would save a quarter of an ounce.

Does anyone think that old tightwad is going to worry about that and not the 5 lbs extra belly lard?

But I do think that changing over from the square taper triple to the latest hollow crank and external bearings will save a lb and make it work better..