Old August 5th 04, 03:14 PM
the black rose

Default Low end schwinn...

Chalo wrote:
the black rose wrote:

gooserider wrote:

A bike shop entry level Schwinn is comparable
to any other entry level bike shop bikes, be it Trek, Giant,
Cannondale(well, maybe not Cannondale).

Hm. Why not Cannondale? Honest curiosity here.

Because entry level Cannondales are a cut above the run-o-mill entry
level bikes. For many years, all Cannondales of a given species
sported the same kind of USA-made frame, only with different paint
colors and parts selections. The fancy models these days are
distinguished not by craftsmanship or finish, but just by obsessively
"lightweighted" designs.

Even now the cheapest Cannondale bikes sport top quality hand-welded
and hand-finished aluminum frames made in the USA. As a result, they
don't start as cheap as other makes-- so you could say that they just
don't make any entry level bikes.

Ah, okay, that makes sense. I guess I was wondering if it was
anti-C'dale bias or something.

-km

--
the black rose