Old September 29th 04, 05:29 PM
Shawn

Monique Y. Mudama wrote:

On 2004-09-28, Shawn penned:

Cortisone/lidicaine injections? Its not in your PT's toolbox, so they may
be ambivalent or even negative about it. Shots worked well on my elbow
(others here have benefited as well). Ask your doc.

I've wondered about these. I may indeed ask for them.

Dragon Naturally Speaking.

eh?

Voice recognition software. If your injury is related to keyboard use
it could help. My wife does her medical dictation using Dragon. It
works well.

Seriously, are you protecting it from overuse? Are you taking
your vitamin I or some other anti inflammatory regularly? Decreasing
inflammation helps healing. IIRC you're in your 20s. It'll heal if you let
it. I didn't get my first damaged-for-life injury till I was 30 (everything
else got better before that). Remember ski season's still a few months off.
:-)

Probably not doing a good job of protecting it; was taking aleve for a few
weeks but it didn't seem to help much and I'm not a huge fan of constantly
being on meds. The PT's whole thing right now is trying to get the
inflammation down; she says there's no point in working on the underlying
problem until we get the inflammation down; it will just exacerbate it.

Vioxx. Once or twice a day, kind to the stomach, expensive as hell.
Huge fan or not, meds help. Also cortisone's purpose is to decrease
inflammation.

I'm in my 20s, but I've had this wrist issue for close to a year now; it's
faded in and out but never gone away. I also have knee damage from an injury
when I was 18, so I don't quite have faith in the "everything will heal"
concept.

Not to be gloomy, but you'd be better off doing your best to improve
things now (not that you're not) rather than waiting till your forty.

Shawn